Thread: It's possible Ubuntu Server 22.04 with Windows 7 on Lenovo IdeaPad Z470?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

It's possible Ubuntu Server 22.04 with Windows 7 on Lenovo IdeaPad Z470?

Some time ago I used Ubuntu alongside Windows. I wanted to install Ubuntu 22.04 alongside W7 but there were problems. For reasons of time I had to restore W7 from a previous point. Could it be that Lenovo z470 BIOS doesn't support UEFI? Will it be necessary to update the BIOS?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: It's possible Ubuntu Server 22.04 with Windows 7 on Lenovo IdeaPad Z470?

Windows 7 is no longer supported. Because it is no longer updated with security patches, it is dangerous for you and for all of the rest of us if you connect to the web with it.

Windows 7 cannot use UEFI. UEFI compatibility was introduced with Windows 8. So no, there is nothing wrong with UEFI in as much as the machine is concerned.

Please choose a supported version of Windows which is compatible with UEFI and install both Windows and Linux using it.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.