Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: running an alias at startup/bootup

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: running an alias at startup/bootup

I don't pretend to understand the reasons for the font lockups but when I read these threads .. and learn much therefrom .. I ask myself what would I do?
    That is, are there “any out of the box” approaches. This is my thinking when I read feature requests in various app repos.
    For the explained reason (setting aside the question why are the lockups there in the first place - re: @TheFu observation) surely it is a matter of a cron or other script to remove the blocks immediately after login (not before booting).
    But I like the easy route of using GUI in my docking bar so I would install Stacer
    https://oguzhaninan.github.io/Stacer-Web/
    The second icon down in dashboard is Startup Apps. Certainly include Stacer to startup immediately. But then add to Startups list a script or simple GUI to tidy up any stuff (which as has been observed should not be there in the first place). The startup script can be configured in multiple ways (bash, python .. whatever). A GUI utility tool I much favour is Actiona and after writing the tidyup script and testing it the script is run in Stacer by command:
    Code:
    actexec MyTidyUpActions.ascr
    I startup a dozen or so apps in this way. But everyone to their own approach.
    I know that this can be done in CLI sans Stacer.

[P.S] Here is a circuitous thought. You can even startup an Actiona script which "drives" the Stacer GUI.
    Last edited by dragonfly41; 1 Week Ago at 11:37 AM. Reason: added thought

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: running an alias at startup/bootup

microsoft web fonts to be exact that give me the problem each time
    If this causes your issues, then you might consider eliminating the cause.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12