Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously hating this new forum format!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Seriously hating this new forum format!!

+1

what color is the text editor background i'm using... and it is super super slow. Looking for new post only took .01 sec before but now it shows .15. I know .15 is still fast, but a 10X increase and the drag only gets bigger as in flows down the pipe to my PC. Maybe that will be fixed in time, so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt; however, I HATE the fact that the search results are "taller" than they were before. Monitors are going wide screen and the last thing anyone needs to do is waste vertical retail space. This is why I hate MS office 2007, that ribbon bar is huge, I would like it if MS made that bar on the side of the screen, that way I could see 5 or 6 extra lines of text... same here... the search results are taller and I see 2 or 3 fewer before i have to scroll down....

BTW where to I find my thanks count on the profile??? other than that I do like the profile layout

EDIT ah hell, it is even gone from my posts....
    Last edited by jcwmoore; April 22nd, 2008 at 03:31 AM.
    Always,
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    Hold on -- not a complaint however this thread was just moved from the CC without even a notice being posted in its original location. I thought it was being censored for a moment . Hmm that behaivor is really unusual -- didn't use to work like that!!

And one more thing while I'm add it. I lost the ability to search for all posts Ive created or replied too. That was a really important feature for me. Too bad its gone.

I can live with the theme, however the speed and the old thread loss seems inexcusable from a user perspective.
    Sorry about that - I didn't leave a redirect in the CC. It should have sent you a PM though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jcwmoore View Post
    +1
    BTW where to I find my thanks count on the profile??? other than that I do like the profile layout

EDIT ah hell, it is even gone from my posts....
    See the upgrade FAQ; thanks will be added back soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Whoa! I was on Google and went to a link to the Ubuntu forums and I didn't even realize it was the Ubuntu forums, lol. The skin is really nice.

Beans

Not slow at all. I like the new layout
    [Arch + KDE]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by jacobmp92 View Post
    See the upgrade FAQ; thanks will be added back soon.
    GREAT! i guess i'm content with the new format, i still wish i could see more search post before scrolling down... but i'll get over that.

thanks for the hard work staff

Always,
    John

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jcwmoore View Post
    GREAT! i guess i'm content with the new format, i still wish i could see more search post before scrolling down... but i'll get over that.

thanks for the hard work staff

It was mostly ubuntu-geek. The rest of us just nagged him about things, while he did the work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

First Rav Tux then the forums what next HAVE YEA NO SHAME

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

i like the way the actual threads look... but i'm not digging the main page much... it seems i have to scroll down farther to see the community cafe posts. i liked how the old version displayed new posts on the right side. it made it easier to see them.

but i'll get used to it.

EDIT. I just realized that the "submit post" button is almost invisible on my computer. is anybody else having this problem or is it a problem with my browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It gets time to get used to a change. I mostly think that the new version vBulleting is great.

I have one complaint, the url's are invisible! For instance, this whole sentence is a huge url, did you notice it?
    "Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning."
    -Bill Gates

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast